- The Cafes at MoMA
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
112 E 12th St
Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Service Manager to join the leadership team at the Cafes at MoMA!
We will be reopening our spaces in the Fall and are looking for a manager to join our leadership team for a strong opening!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of Service at The Cafes at MoMA
- Direct and monitor service staff's adherence to The Cafes at MoMA technical and hospitality service standards.
- Drive the daily operations of The Cafes at MoMA to ensure that all units are operating at full capacity
- Ensure that guests of The Cafes at MoMa receive excellent service and hospitality.
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day s specific service periods.
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all Dining Room and Kitchen team members
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
- Attend to guests ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all
- Provide assistance to Service Teams when needed
- Complete all assigned administrative tasks on time
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
Continuously build a high performance team.
- Works with the General Manager and the rest of the management team in supervising all service staff. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling employees; addressing employee concerns and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy, policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure that line-up program is dynamic, engaging and consistent at all times and coaches management to teach through line-ups consistently
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of operations/culinary experience in hospitality
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
- Excellent understanding and expression of USHG Culture/Philosophies
More detail about The Cafes at MoMA part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: chief chef, commercial, commercial kitchen, executive kitchen, kitchen, pastry, pastry chef, pizza chef, salad chef, sous chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...