112 E 12th St
We believe, at the risk of sounding immodest, that we have built one of the best consumer software teams in New York. We're looking for an experienced manager and leader who can help us scale up our development operation and empower our ridiculously talented team to build the ticketing platform of the future.
What You'll Do On the People Side
* Manage a high-performing team of web/full stack engineers.
* Provide regular job performance feedback to, hold one-on-ones with, and provide career development support to your direct reports.
* Train and mentor the more junior engineers on best practices.
* Play an active role in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can.
What You'll Do On The Technical Side
* Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team.
* Participate in weekly and monthly planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order.
* Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming.
* ...and if you have any free time after doing all of that stuff, writing code is always a good way to stay sharp!
What We're Looking For
* At least five years of experience as an engineer in a role that was mostly about writing code.
* Irreproachable technical skills. Your team should look up to you as a mentor.
* Knowledge of industry technology trends. You can help your team make good tooling and framework decisions that will set them up for success.
* At least two years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams.
* Terrific communication skills. You understand how to lead by setting context.
* Bonus: You were hired as a manager/lead on your last team, and not simply promoted from within the ranks.
Management At SeatGeek
At SeatGeek, \"Manager\" is a support function. We've bought into the Google Management Philosophy, and train our managers internally to embody the following eight attributes:
* Is a good coach.
* Empowers the team and does not micromanage.
* Expresses interest in and concern for team members' success and personal well-being.
* Is productive and results-oriented.
* Is a good communicator-- listens and shares information.
* Helps with career development.
* Has a clear vision and strategy for the team.
* Has key technical skills that help him or her advise the team
* A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
* $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
* A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
* A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
* Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...